Mini Pepper Jack Savory Cups
1 ball plain pizza dough
½ cup pepper jack cheese
olive oil for brushing
Creamy Pesto Frosting
¾ cup soaked cashews — drained
2 tablespoons water
1 cup fresh basil
½ cup lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup walnuts (add more to thicken as needed)
8 small cloves raw garlic
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon maple syrup
salt to taste
optional: ½ jalapeno or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes for spice.
Garnish: finely diced fresh tomato and fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place small balls of dough in each tiny muffin cup. Brush balls with olive oil and sprinkle a pinch of cheese on top of each.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- For Creamy Pesto Frosting, add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Salt to taste — and add more lemon juice to thin further or more walnuts to thicken. You can add in a half a jalapeno — or spices like cayenne or red pepper flakes as desired.
- Chill frosting until ready to use. Then use frosting tip to swirl on top.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and diced fresh tomato.
- Side Dishes, Cheese