When my ob-gyn and pediatrician asked us if we were going to circumcise our son, my husband and I didn't hesitate for a second. We both quickly said, "Yes!" On our last day in the maternity ward, our doctor swooped by and took our son into another room where she clipped away at his nether regions. In what seemed like minutes, she was back with our newly circumcised boy. She quickly told us how to care for it and was off to deliver another baby. To see what happened, read more
Do You Know the Facts About Circumcision? The parents of a baby boy have one very big decision to make — whether or not to circumcise their son. Culture, religion, and personal preference all come into play, but how well do you know the medical facts about circumcision? Take this test and find out!
- Why Daphne won't be circumcising her son — Cool Mom
- Forty three and pregnant — An Island Life
- Time flies for Will Smith and his kids — Celebrity Baby Blog
- Dave Grohl and Violet hit the market — Celebrity Baby Scoop
- Hello Kitty maternity ward now open! — Fit Pregnancy
- The greatest parenting invention of your lifetime — The Poop
- Kids' rooms and the psychology of color — Parent Dish
- Husbands in the delivery room — CafeMom
- Are you a cyberchondriac? — Health
- What tween girls really want for the holidays — Alpha Mom
- Denmark may ban circumcision — Parent Dish
- Tods new bag is a must have for mommies! — Celebrity Baby Blog
- Guess which celeb kids hit up Legoland? — Celebrity Baby Scoop
- How to make Hollywood-worthy home movies — Alpha Mom
- How do you talk to your kids about the economy? — Momversation
- Stroller design may stress out baby — Fit Pregnancy
- When parenting skills become useless — The Poop
The jury is still out when it comes to circumcising your kids, but when you meet a man as an adult, that decision was already made for him long ago. While circumcision is done for several reasons — so sons can look like their fathers, for religious purposes, or for cleanliness — medical research still wavers as to what's better. Since many are opting against it, do tell, have you ever been with an uncircumcised man? If so, was it any different from being with a man who was circumcised?
Lil boys who have been snipped can celebrate with this shirt from Tiny Revolutionary. The vintage tee ($22) proudly proclaims, "I Survived the Bris."
Available in sizes to fit infants and tots, it certainly makes a circumcision fashion statement. Maybe Max Bratman owns one.
Would you buy one for your lil guy?
Usually circumcision is done just after a baby's birth, but this isn't the case for a 12-year-old Oregon boy whose divorced parents have battled over the issue all the way to the state's Supreme Court.
On Friday, it ruled that the boy's wishes would be taken into consideration. The Associated Press article said:
The father, James Boldt, converted to Judaism in 2004 and wants the boy to be circumcised as part of the faith. The mother, Lia Boldt, appealed to the high court, saying the operation could harm her son physically and psychologically.
Interested? Then read more
It's a Jewish tradition to have a bris on a baby boy's eighth day of life. And, roughly half of all parents choose to circumcise their sons. On Desperate Housewives recently, Bree and Orson got into a disagreement over circumcising their newborn. So she went to a friend's bris and had her own son nipped without Orson's knowledge. Would you ever go behind your partner's back to circumcise your son?
When we were babies, most guys got circumcised. Not all of them, but most of them. It all depended on the parents' religion or personal preference. Things are changing though, and now I feel like many new parents are choosing not to circumcise their sons.
That being said, it can't change the fact that circumcision was pretty popular 20 - 30 years ago. Most of the guys I know were circumcised, but I don't really prefer one to the other. I mean, it's not like these guys had any choice in the matter, so as long as it works, I'm happy.
What about you? When it comes to guys, do you prefer them circumcised or not circumcised?