Two isn't terrible! The key to entertaining a rambunctious two-year-old is patience and a steady stream of back-up ideas to prevent meltdowns. Look for toys that keep children active as well as items that let them explore their creative sides.
Among our choices for lil two-year-olds are:
- Kitchen play items like grocery carts, play food, and cash registers allow toddlers to imitate adult behavior, while increasing vocabulary and introducing numbers.
- Easels, like the Melissa and Doug Deluxe Standing Easel promote independent play, while allowing children to draw, paint and play with chalk.
- Radio Flyer's Little Miss Scooter, which also comes in red, will be a hit on the playground while teaching lil ones about balance and stability. Just don't forget to purchase a helmet to go with this gift!
- The PlasmaCar is one of the coolest products on the market. Unlike other toddler ride-ons, it does not have pedals. It uses natural forces of centrifugal force and gravity to zoom around the playground.
- Unlike an easel, Aquadoodle's Draw N' Doodle Mat will not make a mess of your home. Using nothing but a water-filled marker, tots can draw on this mat as often as they like, without ever having to replace their canvas.
- If green markets are more your thing than grocery stores, check out the Market Stand complete with bins and baskets ready for imaginary play.