- Whine back. Let them see just how annoying it can be.
- Become a broken record. Tell them you won’t listen until they speak calmly – and then repeat that phrase until they do!
- Call a time out. Removing them from the situation should cut out the talk and give your head a break.
- Are you speaking gibberish to me? Even if you can make out what they are saying, tell them they must speak in a normal tone with proper enunciation for you to understand what they are saying.
- Practice, practice, practice! Practice speaking in a proper tone with your lil ones and praise them when they do so.
For five other ways to end the whining, read more