Sandwiches don’t need to be boring. Try granary bread, pita pockets, bagels or wraps. To prevent sandwiches from getting squashed, store them in a small plastic container in your child’s lunchbox. Try some of these favorite sandwich fillings:
- Hummus mixed with grated carrot and thin strips of cucumber.
- Sliced turkey or ham, Swiss cheese, sliced tomato, cucumber and lettuce with a little salad cream.
- Prawns mixed with mayonnaise, a little tomato ketchup and chopped watercress or shredded lettuce.
- Flaked tuna mixed with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and sliced spring onion.
- Left over roast chicken with sweetcorn and mayonnaise.
- Shredded chicken, chopped tomato, chopped hard boiled egg, lettuce and mayonnaise.
- Peanut butter and sliced banana.