A year ago, I was laid up in a hospital bed in the maternity ward ogling my little newborn. She was born exactly one year ago today and what a year it has been. From pushing to posting, my life has been forever changed. Here are some of the ways that motherhood has revealed herself:
- An unconditional love and worry for a little being has overwhelmed me.
- I can no longer sleep peacefully, unless I'm on vacation.
- I know I have a little partner in crime (until she can speak at least).
- I never eat alone.
- My body will never be the same as it was when I was 18.
- I prefer the smell of baby detergent over my own scented lotions.
- I like to spend the night cuddling with my hubby on the couch instead of out on the town (most times).
- Our friends and family don't care so much about us — just about her.
The thing is, I love and accept it 100 percent. I know there are times when it's hard, especially at the beginning. But it grows on you as your baby grows. I can't imagine life without her.