A mother of two boys may decide to give it her all with one last pregnancy in hopes of fulfilling her life long dream of having a daughter to keep her company on shopping trips and spa days. Parents desperate to determine the gender of their baby often turn to old wives tales hoping to see the family jewels during an ultrasound. Some of these ideas sound ridiculous while others have an ounce of logical reasoning behind them. To see what some of the myths are, just read more.
- Timing: Plan ahead. The female sperm are said to live longer and swim slower so having sex a few days before ovulation may be beneficial as only the strong, I mean girls, survive.
- Positioning: Since lady sperm can last longer, the goal is to get the goods to the egg without deep penetration as the boys will try to beat her out.
- Diet: Consume foods and drinks rich in acid to raise the mama's Ph as boy sperm cannot tolerate the high levels.
- Timing: Since the male sperm are faster, parents aiming for a boy should try to have sex on the day of or day after ovulation occurs. These guys are straight and to the point and want to swim as fast as they can to get to that egg.
- Positioning: Give the lil boy swimmers a head start by placing them as close to their destination as possible. Positions that offer deep release are preferable for boys.
- Drinks: It has been said that drinking coffee will get those lil boys amped up for a swim to the promised land.
- Diet: Some believe a high Ph level in the mother can kill off the boy sperm. Families trying to have a son sometimes monitor their diets and use douche solutions to lower the acidic level in the breeding ground.
Does any of this make sense? The girl sperm like to lollygag and take their time, perhaps primping and gossiping along the way. The boys want to get the job done as quickly as possible. In the end, there is no full proof way of picking a child's gender, but it can certainly be fun trying!