- First off, invest in a musical triangle that can double as a dinner alarm. The kids will get a kick out it when mama hollers, "Cooome and geeeet it!"
- Serve up a ranch style breakfast with eggs, biscuits, bacon and grits on a red checkered table cloth.
- Get a bail of hay and spread it around the lawn. If you have a wagon, toss the tots in for a mini hayride while they sing songs along the way.
- Visit a petting zoo where the wee ones can learn about small animals.
- Set up the kiddie pool for an afternoon of fly fishing!
- Take the kids to a local stable for an afternoon of horseback or pony riding.
- Build a campfire and bring out the musical instruments for some entertaining improvisation.
- For the final night, gather the troops for a talent show. The youngsters will enjoy preparing for it all week and the results are sure to be enjoyable. Make sure the video camera is charged up!
Giddyup lil doggies! It's time to get the wee ones fired up for some time on mama's kickin' dude ranch. Heading to the Big Sky territory may not be in the credit cards this summer, but there's plenty one can do to create the same atmosphere in their own backyard for a ranch style non voyage.