Whenever Spring rolls around, it reminds me of those major cleaning days when I was little, where the whole family would be involved. It would seem like we'd make a mess out of the house but by the end of it, everything would be sparkling and dust free.
Having a team of tiny helpers can be a great way to get the job done in less time. Whether you have them chasing dust bunnies or gathering those toys strewn around the house, there are many ways to keep the lil ones occupied and entertained so they won't stray from their tasks.
Do you have an army of helpers waiting to help out with this season's task? Read on for suggestions on how to make your Spring-cleaning a family affair!
- Clean right. Mild soap and water, vinegar, or baking soda will do the trick for many chores or stock up on nontoxic cleaners like Method or J. R. Watkins so more things on your checklist can be kid-friendly.
- Set the music. A no-brainer — fun tunes are essential when it's time to tackle the dirt.
- Split up tasks. Don't spend all day scrubbing the house from ceiling to floor. Instead, break up cleaning to-dos by rooms and take breaks in increments to make it doable.
- Make it a game. Sometimes, things are more fun when there's a friendly competition at stake. See who can sweep the biggest pile of dust, gather the most old toys, or win the treasure hunt.
- Reward time. A completed chore and a shiny clean spot are a cause of celebration. Treat your lil ones to their favorite dinner, some DVD time, or a special treat.