Before children, couples often plan vacations around sunbathing, frozen cocktails and an exciting nightlife. A step in that same direction, families looking to take a trip full of activity and pleasure for everyone can book an adventure to San Diego. Keeping parents and their wee ones in mind, the city offers fun in the sun for everyone.
Perched along the Pacific coast, visitors can soak up rays on the beach in near perfect weather. Check out all the brilliant places it has to offer.
- When everyone tires of the surf, take the fam to the San Diego Zoo. Famous for the animals alone, the surroundings and shows make it worth visiting.
- Leave the sand behind and head to Sea World to watch Shamu jump through the air and the penguins waddle around the ice.
To see the rest of my favorite family attractions, read more.
- Kids and parents can enjoy a blast from the past at LegoLand. The construction play land is a dream come true for wee ones who love to build and tear things down. Adding to the fun are rides and water parks to keep things cool and entertaining.
- Get out of the sun at the New Children's Museum where tots can jump on cushions, explore a sponge forest, finger paint a real live car, and build wooden structures.
- When the sun has set and everything above is closed, parents can take the troops to a San Diego Padres baseball game. Taking them out to the ballgame and buying them peanuts and Cracker Jacks will keep a smile on their mugs while allowing mom and dad to sip on a cold one.
- For some old school amusement, head to Belmont Park. The boardwalk type roller coasters and games will have mama singing Beaches songs throughout the evening.
- Kids who relish seeing the fish behind a glass pane window will delight in the sea life offered at the Birch Aquarium. Tykes can reach out and touch a starfish in the tide pools at this venue.
A relatively small city, most every site is a short drive from the center making it that much more attractive to parents toting children through the town.