Motherhood can be mind-boggling! Beaner submitted this question in our The Mommy Club group.
Like most newborns, my little one loved being held all the time. But I quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to get anything done if my arms were continuously full of baby. I tried a bunch of carriers – the Baby Bjorn, Ergo, a ring sling, and a Mei Tai. None of them could compare with the ease, safety, and comfort of the Moby Wrap. I loved mine so much, I had to buy a second one. It's the gift I always show up with for baby showers because I feel it's a must have for new moms, one I honestly could not have lived without it. Here are five reasons why:
- It's inexpensive and washable. At $40 a pop, you can afford to have two, so when one gets spit up on, you can use the clean one while the other is in the wash.
- It feels the best on your back. Seriously, I have gone on a four-hour hike with the Moby and not a stitch of back pain. It's lightweight and doesn't feel at all bulky like some of the other carriers. The best part is that it allows the weight or your baby to be distributed evenly over both shoulders and your hips so you don't feel strained. And because the material is stretchy, it hugs your baby close to you so they feel amazingly secure. I could easily bend over to pick up a dropped toy without having to put my hands on her.
- You can position your baby a number of ways. Face your baby toward you, face them out, or you can even wear your babe on your back.
- Once you get the hang of it, you can nurse your newborn in it. I'm not kidding. One time I fed her while walking through a craft fair. No one had a clue.
- It's a great way to help your baby take long naps. My little one didn't sleep well in her bassinet. After 20 minutes, she'd wake up and cry to be held. Once I started carrying her in the Moby, her naps increased to a few hours. She loved being so cozy and close to me, and it allowed me to have the freedom to leave the house without feeling like I had to get home to nap her. It also allowed me and my hubby to go out to dinner. I just popped her in the Moby and she would sleep through dessert.
As you can see, I am a huge fan. I loved the Moby when my daughter was first born, and at five and a half months, I still love it. There is nothing like the feeling of having your baby close to you. It is perfect for long walks and grocery shopping, and when you're in the house, if your babe is needing you just slide them in the Moby and you can still get to the dishes or make dinner. If you're debating about which carrier to buy, I would 100 percent recommend a Moby. It may look confusing, but once you learn how to tie it, the Moby will quickly become the item you never leave the house without.
Do you have a treasure trove of sweet baby suggestions? Start sharing your advice and tips in our The Mommy Club! Here's a detailed guide to posting questions or posts to groups if you are new to the PopSugar Community.