The addition of subsequent babies to a family can be quite a shock for tots who are used to being the center of their parents' attention. Before the anticipated lil one arrives, check out these tips for preparing your existing offspring for their new siblings:
- Expand your lil one's library to include big sibling books that explain what life is like with a new tot in the house.
- Check out some puzzles and toys that explain what is happening inside mommy.
- See if your hospital offers sibling tours prior to your delivery.
- Instead of having a baby shower, which many mamas steer away from with subsequent babies, host a sibling shower to celebrate your lil one's new status.
- See what the experts have to say about moving your child into a big kid room.
- Check out LilSugar's tips for introducing siblings.
- Pick out a gift to celebrate the big sibling.
- Create a special memory with your older tot.