They may sound silly, but in the rush to get out of the park before a toddler tantrum occurs, or just to make things easier, mom cards are designed to help mamas out when they're making new friends. Interested parents have plenty of cards to choose from, depending on how much information they really want to share with every random nice-seeming person they meet. While kids are certainly an important part of most parents' identities, not all moms and dads want to be known as "(Mom's Name), mommy to (Child's Name) and (Child's Name)."
Keep reading for some options for moms (or dads!) looking for another way to navigate the playground scene.
- Vistaprint: Vistaprint is a longtime online purveyor of regular, affordable business cards, and seeing the opportunity, it jumped on the mommy card bandwagon. It now offers tons of cute design templates for mom cards that are easy to customize and order online.
- The Mommy Card: Run by an actual mommy, The Mommy Card features well-designed templates for moms and dads. Parents have the option of including one or several photographs on the card or none at all.
- Paperlicious Momager Cards: Paperlicious calls its version "momager calling cards," and its designs are pretty simple and clean looking. They get points for using 100 percent recycled fiber paper.
- Moritz Mommy Cards: Artistic types will appreciate the Moritz designs (pictured), which are beautifully detailed and sophisticated.
- A Touch of Whimsy: These mommy cards are hip and modern, featuring bold argyle patterns and the super trendy owl motif.
No doubt responses will be mixed. What do you think? Would you carry mommy cards?