2 cups vanilla almond, coconut, or soy milk
1/2 cup whole oats
1-1/4 cups fresh, frozen, or canned peaches or mango cubes
1 cup ice cubes
1 cup baby spinach, loosely packed
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place the milk and oats in a blender, and blend for 15 seconds on high. Add the peaches, ice, spinach, honey, vanilla, and bananas, and blend until very smooth, 45 seconds. Serve in glasses.
Green Smoothie Mix-and-Match Mash-Up!
There are endless possibilities as to what fruits and veggies can get tossed into a blender to make a green smoothie. Remember to keep the proportions of fruits to vegetables in check for a sweet flavor profile that even kids will love.
Light-Colored (not red) Fruits
- Green grapes
- Nectarines, frozen or fresh (peeled)
- Peaches, frozen or fresh (peeled)
- Carrots (they’re not green but are a sweet addition)
- Green cabbage
- Swiss chard
- Bran cereal (be sure to blend the smoothie really well)
- Fresh ginger (just a touch)
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Raw oats
- Vanilla extract
- White beans