Keep reading to see her recipes for the the ice cream and a pasta with pea pesto.
2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
½ cup grated Parmesan
½ cup pine nuts
2 medium cloves garlic
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons water
¼ teaspoon salt
8 ounces whole-wheat penne or fusilli
1. For the pesto, blanch the peas in boiling water for 30 seconds, then shock them in cold water. Combine the peas and remaining ingredients in a food processor. Blend to form a thick sauce.
2. Season the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken on each side until cooked through, 5-6 minutes per side. Cool slightly, and cut into 1-inch cubes.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with pesto and chicken and serve.
- Main Dishes, Pasta
1/2 cup spinach puree
1/4 teaspoon pure mint extract
3 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Place the spinach puree and mint extract in a mini-chopper and puree until very smooth.
2. In a medium bowl, stir the spinach mixture, yogurt, confectioners' sugar and chocolate chips. Freeze in an airtight container at least 2 hours until solid.
- Desserts, Frozen