Keep reading for the easier-than-you-can-imagine instructions.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups play sand
- 1+ cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Invite your child to help measure and add the sand and flour to a mixing bowl. This is a great opportunity to invite your lil to try scooping, without making too much mess, and adding the ingredients!
- Slowly add the water and oil, mixing with a big spoon. If the dough seems a bit wet, then add another tablespoon of flour.
- Turn the dough out onto a flour-dusted work area, and knead until the dough doesn't stick to your hands, adding additional flour as needed. Once the dough has a smooth, nonsticky texture, your sand play dough is ready to use!
- Offer your child cookie cutters, plastic knives and forks, or even straws to use while enjoying the sand play dough. Or, take the sandy play dough outdoors and press sticks, leaves, or rocks into the dough to see what types of impressions are left behind!
- Once your child finishes a creation, simply let air-dry for two to three days, and then paint with tempera paints.
- Keep any unused play dough in a sealed container to enjoy another day.