Keep reading for the easy directions.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup glue
- Invite your child to measure and add the cinnamon to a small mixing bowl. Now she can measure and add the applesauce and flour, giving the ingredients a stir.
- Offer your child a glue bottle and invite her to squeeze the glue into a measuring cup and then add to the mixing bowl. Along with being fun, squeezing boosts your tot's hand-eye coordination.
- Give the ingredients a final stir, adding extra flour if the dough is still sticky. Your child can roll the dough into a ball and then place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and invite your child to roll it into a round about one-quarter-inch thick.
- Now your child can cut shapes out of the dough using cookie cutters or use a craft needle to draw shapes. Pop a hole in each of the ornaments for hanging.
- Place the ornaments in a sunny spot until they harden or in a 200°F oven for an hour.
- Your child can string the ornaments with lengths of string or colorful ribbon and hang around the house, creating a home filled with the smell of baked cinnamon.