Three-year-olds tend to be a bit fickle as they express their independence. One moment they are telling you they can do it all by themselves, then the next they insist on holding your hand. When shopping for a gift for a preschooler, look for items that showcase their new found abilities.
Among our favorite selections for this age group:
- The ballerina in your life will be begging to put on a recital with the Acting Out Dress Up Musical Skirts that either play music from the Nutcracker or Swan Lake with the flip of a switch.
- The little John Bonham or Tommy Lee in your family will love the Plan Toy Musical Band drum set. Featuring drums and cymbals, this environmentally-friendly set, is not too loud and is made from replenishable wood.
- One of the coolest new toys on the market, Automoblox, are more than just wooden vehicles. Each car can be taken apart and reassembled, and, once additional cars are purchased, the interchangeable parts can be used to create new, unique, creations.
- Sprig Toys use kid-power, rather than batteries, to move their environmentally-friendly, paint-free vehicles. Unlike other vehicles on the market, the trucks and all terrain vehicles in the line use kinetic energy to move, make sounds and light up.
- Get your tot up and moving with Animal Scramble a new game of hide and seek that encourages listening and following instructions.
- What preschooler doesn't like ice cream? With the Melissa and Doug Ice Cream Set your lil one can dream up the quadruple scoop cones while practicing her colors and numbers.