I'm about to pop which means my maternity leave is likely just days away. While I've always been a working mother, I can't wait to gain stay-at-home mom status for a few months. I've done it twice before when my daughter and son were born and loved every minute — even those that were covered in spit-up. While spending so much quality time with my kids is the obvious perk, there are others that are often overlooked. Here's my list!
- I get to drop off and pick up my kids from school and get more involved in their daily activities.
- Impromptu trips to the park don't revolve around my work deadlines.
- An 8 a.m. trip to the grocery store is less stressful than weekend ones.
- Forget scheduling meetings or appointments, life is all about playdates!
- Sweats and sneakers is a totally acceptable outfit.
- My kids will get my undivided attention (well, it will be divided between the three of them!)
What is or was your favorite thing about being a stay-at-home mom? Join our The Mommy Club over in our LilSugar community and share your stories! Here's a detailed guide to posting questions or posts to groups if you are new to the PopSugar Community.