Keep reading for the instructions for creating these fun prints.
What You'll Need:
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 1 lime
- Red, yellow, green, and orange tempera paint
- Paper plates
What You Do:
- Get things started by slicing the fruits in half revealing the centers, which should be done by an adult. If you cut the apple around the round middle, it reveals a star!
- Invite your child to help by placing two to three paper plates next to the sheet of white drawing paper. These will be his paint palettes.
- Now you can squeeze about a teaspoon of each color paint around the paper plates, leaving enough room for the fruits.
- Your child can place the halved fruits next to the coordinating color, honing color recognition skills!
- Make prints by pressing the sliced fruits into the paint, then onto the paper, and lifting to reveal the fruit prints.
- Continue pressing and tapping until the paper is filled with colorful prints!