Keep reading to find out!
1 pound ground turkey
1 small onion
1 celery stalk
1/2 red pepper
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
1 15-ounce can stewed tomatoes
4 hamburger rolls
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground turkey. Season with the salt, paprika, and oregano, and give it a stir. Let the turkey brown while you chop the onion, carrot, celery, and red pepper into small dice.
- Add the chopped veggies to the turkey and stir. Continue cooking until the turkey has browned, about five to seven minutes.
- Measure and add the Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and water. Stir together until everything is happily bubbling.
- Add the can of stewed tomatoes and stir, breaking them up into smaller chunks. Turn the heat down to medium-low and let the sloppy joes simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Taste for flavor and adjust seasoning as needed. Place the rolls in the toaster or under the broiler until lightly toasted.
- Now for the fun step: place half of the mixture into a blender and pulse on low a few times to break down the turkey and vegetables into smaller pieces.
- Add the blended mix back to the pan and stir until incorporated. Serve on the toasted rolls alongside a big salad, and dinner is ready!
- Main Dishes