Bing and Ryder's mom knows a thing or two about traveling with an entourage. Seen here at Miami International Airport, she's frequently back and forth across the country with her fiancé, Matt Bellamy, whose band, Muse, is on tour. If you're flying the friendly skies with little ones, make like Kate and factor in the following.
Airport Tips For Kids
- Build in more time than you think you'll need. While it's easy to race through the terminal to make a flight when you're flying solo, adding little ones (and their stuff) makes it nearly impossible.
- Check in online as soon as you are able to, to avoid any surprise seat reassignments.
- If you're checking bags, opt to do so curbside. The less excess gear you have to lug around, the better!
- Bring plenty of entertainment. Even if your flight's only scheduled to take an hour or two, be prepared for delays both at the gate and on the tarmac. A portable DVD player is a traveling parent's best friend!
- Invest in noise-canceling headphones. They'll drown out noisy engines and keep kids immersed in their movies or music.