This Thanksgiving we are celebrating alone. Well of course, I have my husband and our little one but no parents, grandparents, siblings, cousins, nieces or nephews. It's sort of sad, but it will be nice to have some down time with my core crew.
The upside is that it makes me realize how much I appreciate my extended family when they are around. What's that saying? Don't know what you've got until it's gone? Thanks Cinderella. So here's why I am thankful for my family even though they won't be around today to hear it. read more
- Mom — For having me and being patient and selfless.
- Dad — For teaching me to ride a bike and telling me I could do anything if I set my mind to it.
- Grandparents — For having my parents! And, for always having the best treats and food at your house.
- Sister — For your incomparable back rubs and hand-me down clothes.
- Brother — For roughing me up and making me a tough girl who can take just about anything.
- Cousins — For all those backyard soccer games and Christmas carols.
- Aunts and Uncles — For slipping me those cookies when Mom wasn't looking and for always spoiling me on my birthday.
- Nieces and Nephews — For brightening my day every time I hear your voices or see your smiles. And I can't leave out all of that amazing art work you provide.
- In-Laws — For my husband and your amazing family. And, for treating me like I'm one of your own.
- Husband — For taking me, as I am — flaws and all. And, for our beautiful daughter.
- Daughter — For letting me be your mother.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, too. We're thankful for such fun and loyal readers! Now go eat some turkey slathered in gravy and cranberry sauce and tell your loved ones why you're thankful they're in your lives.