Something as simple as a grocery bag helps teach your child about recycling and finding other uses for eco-friendly materials. Using our staple — the cardboard box — you can create a larger than life grocery bag filled with your tot's favorite foods (or the contents of your recycle bin).
To see how we created a brown bag worth wearing, read more.
Supplies you will need:
- Medium-sized cardboard box
- Green paint (the Livos Salis finger paints can be diluted with a little water to make them paintbrush accessible)
- Box cutter
- Wide black ribbon
- Grocery items from recycle bin
- These are the supplies you will need to create the costume.
- First, turn the box on its side and cut off the top and bottom of the box. If the box seems to lose its structure, reinforce it
- Next, paint the name of your local grocery store on the front. I left the recycled logos on the box to help emphasize the eco-f
- Attach the empty boxes and cartons to the inside of the box with a stapler or glue.
- Cut the ribbon into two pieces the right length to hang from your tot's shoulders without it hanging too low for your lil one to
To read all of our ECOWEEN coverage, click here.