Send them off to school with the right pack on their back. When selecting the prefect bag for lugging books, art projects and supplies to school, eco-conscience parents know that avoiding knapsacks with shiny plastic designs will help limit their child's contact with PVC and lead. Selecting an eco-friendly backpack does not mean forgoing style for function. Take a look at some of our favorite selections:
- Dante Beatrix's "Big Kid Eco Pack" is made entirely from recycled plastic drinking bottles with naturally biodegradable canvas trim. Available in three designs, the bags are the perfect size for elementary school kids.
- Bazura's small messenger bag is 100 percent lead-free, made from non-biodegradable juice containers. Each bag saves landfills from being clogged by the foil juice containers.
- The Fleurville Kids Backpack is lead, PVC and Teflon-free, and includes a removable lunch tote to help keep everything together when not in use.
- Ecogear's Ecozoo packs are perfectly sized for younger schoolchildren and feature adorable designs. Made from organic cotton canvas with non-toxic dyes and sustainable wood components, kids will want to take these "pets" with them wherever they go.
- Known for their durability, Land's End's eco-conscience knapsack is made from 100% recycled fabric.
- Though it costs a pretty penny, the Reactor Solar Backpack is integrated with a solar charging unit that can be used to power cell phones, iPods and more. Designed for older elementary kids, the backpacks will provide a whole education on the power of solar energy.
Enter to win a Tea Collection!