Dennis Quaid Talks About His Twins' Close Call

Dennis Quaid Talks About His Twins' Close Call


Expectant couples and new parents put their trust in the hands of hospitals. And, for Dennis and Kimberly Quaid doing so resulted in a close call with their infant twins.

According to People:

Last November, Thomas Boone and Zoe Grace Quaid – who were hospitalized due to a suspected infection – nearly died at Los Angeles's Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after mistakenly being given a massive overdose of the drug Heparin, an adult-strength blood thinner, rather than Hep-tock, a much-weaker version of the drug routinely given to clear IV lines in pediatric patients.

And, now the Quaids have made it their mission to raise awareness about the hospital errors that result in 100,000 deaths each year. To hear what happened, read more.

The actor said:

"Our kids are bleeding from everyplace that they've punctured," says Quaid. "They were working on Boone, whose belly button would not stop bleeding – blood squirted across the room. It was blood everywhere. It was a life-and-death situation."

Luckily, the twins are doing fine now. And, in an attempt to prevent other parents from going through a similar ordeal, the Quaids are suing the drug manufacturer, Baxter International.

Were you or someone you know a victim of hospital error?
Source

Latest