Many school cafeterias now require children to throw their used napkins and leftover food in the big green bins as the waste can be better used to save our environment. A simple costume to assemble, your tot won't mind spreading the word about the benefits of composting as she trick-or-treats.
To see how to make this costume, read more.
Supplies you will need:
- Cardboard box
- Box cutter or scissors
- Green paint
- White tape
- Hot glue gun and regular glue
- Gummy worms
- Branches or fake flowers
To get started:
- Cut the bottom of your box out and three of the four top flaps.
- Slice out some spacious armholes for the trick-or-treater.
- Paint the box green and allow it to dry.
- Use the white tape to spell out "Compost."
- Crush some Oreos and use the regular glue to dust some of the crumbs to the edge of the box to signify dirt.
- Hot glue some gummy worms around the box as worms thrive on compostable trash.
- Hot glue some branches and leaves around the edge of the box.
- Place your tot in the box and let her roll!
To read all of our ECOWEEN coverage, click here.