Thanksgiving can be hectic if you're hosting the holiday dinner, so take a shortcut and enlist your lil tykes when it comes to dressing the table. These pine cone turkeys will add the perfect amount of character to your table-scape and buy you some quality time with the kids. No one will notice if your stuffing is a bit dry.
This is the supply list for one turkey.
- 1 pine cone
- 5 feathers in a variety of colors
- 1 sheet of red construction paper
- 1 sheet of red tissue paper
Constructing the Turkey:
These are the instructions for a basic pine cone turkey. Let your kids add their own touches using googly eyes, glitter or more feathers to your bird.
- Glue feathers on the top of the pine cone.
- Glue two circles on the front of the pine cone for eyes. Use a black marker to draw pupils in the center of the eyes.
- Tear a corner off of the sheet of red tissue paper and crumple up to resemble turkey's wattle.