Having something handy for your lil one to chew on makes everyone happy during teething, and this batch makes a whole bunch. Toss a handful in a zip-top bag and carry them in your diaper bag — or stash a few in the freezer to cool aching gums!
Keep reading for the recipe.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon molasses
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup water
Dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 300F and then measure and add the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Once the dough comes together, place on a dusted work area and knead until it doesn't stick to you or your work surface. Add additional flour as needed.
- Dust your work surface and then roll the dough until it is about 1/2 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to create shapes, a pizza cutter to make a long rectangle, or a round glass to create big circles, and then place the teething biscuits on a lightly greased sheet pan.
- Place the teething biscuits in the hot oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. The biscuits stay nice and crisp in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 20 medium-sized teething biscuits.
- Snacks, Other