These are my confessions.
- When Kid 1 was 3 years old, his favorite movie was Jaws.
- Kid 2 wouldn't eat vegetables for the first five years of her life. And I didn't make her eat them.
- I give Kid 3 too many cookies because she does a cute happy dance when she sees me taking it out of the package. Note: all other "coo-coos" are inferior to Tim Tams.
- I accepted my husband's marriage proposal before Kids 1 and 2 had met him. Luckily they adore him.
- Even though I vowed not to, when Kid 3 needs something I completely tune out the teenagers...even if they're in the middle of a sentence.
- Some days I'm just too tired to fight the "my tummy hurts can I stay home from school" battle, and let her stay home.
- I haven't taken the baby to the dentist yet. (She's 19 months old)
- I swear like a sailor. Apparently you're not supposed to do this in front of kids. Kid 1 curses, Kid 2 does not. I swore I heard Kid 3 say "shit" the other day.
- I'm a slob. After work, dinner, etc. I have approximately 90 minutes to hang out with the kids before the little one goes to bed. I don't spend it doing housework.
- I'm not a Tiger Mother. Kid 1 is smart enough for an Ivy League college. If I'd pushed him harder maybe he'd be at Harvard instead of Bellevue College. Kid 2 is an amazingly fast runner. I should have forced her to do track. Hopefully Kid 3 will not have to bear the brunt of my regrets with the first two.
Still, my kids are all pretty good. A bit lazy, yes. Sometimes they lie to me. But so far none of them have been brought home by the cops, gotten pregnant or impregnated anyone, and 1 out of 3 has graduated high school.
So perhaps I'm not that bad.