So what is 3rd Trimester Tea ($6)? A blend of herbs that are supposed to help prepare the mom-to-be's uterus, breasts, and body for labor. Among the ingredients in Earth Mama Angel Baby's organic version are:
- Red raspberry leaf: an herb that strengthens and tones the uterus, it is believed to help prevent false labor.
- Stinging nettle leaf: an iron-rich herb to provide strength.
- Spearmint: used to help relax, spearmint can also relieve headaches and fatigue.
- Chamomile flower: a digestive aid, chamomile is also thought to soothe cramping associated with Braxton Hicks contractions.
- Rose hip: teas featuring rose hip have been used to strengthen the body's resistance to infection.
So is it right for you? That's between expectant moms and their doctors, but if the benefits are to be believed then it sounds like it couldn't hurt!
Source: Twitter User Alyssa_Milano