When most women envision a life with kids, they see the miracles, the milestones, and even the inevitable, but they don't know that one day they will be stunned by the excitement they feel over the most minuscule of things. Mundane tasks or seemingly expected occurrences can leave a mama beaming with pride or relief, or jumping for joy. Check out some of mine and add your own!
- Leaving the supermarket with six bags of groceries, a flat of water, and two smiling children on a Saturday afternoon (thank you Trader Joe's shoppers-in-training carts!).
- Making a mad dash to find a public restroom with your in-the-process-of-potty-training tot and making it just in time!
To see the rest, read more.
- Going out to dinner as a family and enjoying uninterrupted conversation with your children. You did not have to say, "please sit down" once or shuffle through your purse for a toy to occupy your bored babe.
- Seeing sand being thrown across the park and being told by the other mother that her kiddo was the culprit and your wild child was actually playing nice.
- Pulling into the driveway and enjoying 10 minutes of silence after a sun-drenched day at the beach with your kids, who are exhausted and sleeping soundly in the backseat.
- After an arduous and competitive application process, getting a voicemail that says your child's been accepted to kindergarten!
- Being the last one to hit the hay at night and the first to wake up in the morning.